What is a chamber... and what is the Midstate Chamber of Commerce?
At the Midstate Chamber of Commerce, we support businesses in central Connecticut through our program of work, which includes leadership, promotion, networking, and education.
We are the connector in the business community, as we refer businesses to services, entrepreneurs to funding partners, students to mentors, and the public to their elected officials.
We partner with community organizations to host job fairs, seminars, and business expos, while helping to extend the reach of members’ marketing efforts through targeted digital/print campaigns.
Our members include solopreneurs, non-profit organizations, and mid- to large-size companies. However, we all share a common goal: creating a better space for business in our local community. Our Officers and Board Members strategically direct our initiatives and support our members, as they are integrally part of the community themselves.
Our four action cornerstones guide our work, to:
The Midstate Chamber of Commerce takes a proactive leadership role in improving the communities we serve. This requires vision and action through leadership. We engage our membership in economic, workforce, and business development projects.
Current Advocacy Initiatives:
- Coordination and start-up of the Meriden BIG (Business Investment & Growth) Matching Grant Funding Program
- Regional Legislative Roundtable Breakfast: Your State Delegation: Area Officials & Committees
- Connecting Businesses and Politicians: Political Advocacy and Contacts for Businesses
- 2023 Midstate Chamber of Commerce Legislative Action Agenda (State, Regional and Local)
- 2023 Midstate Chamber of Commerce Legislative Action Highlights
- 2022 Nutmeg State Chamber Alliance Legislative Action Agenda (Regional)
- 9.30.22: I-691 Resurfacing, Bridge Rehabilitation & Safety Improvements
- South Central Region Council of Governments (SCRCOG) Meriden & Wallingford Route 5 Corridor Study: Existing Conditions Report with Appendix & UPDATE of Rt. 5 Corridor Study.
Our efforts to educate are two-fold. We support our local business community and aim to make a difference at a grassroots level by awarding scholarships to our future business leaders.
Our business programming includes:
- Business Bootcamp
- Pitch Contest
- Funding Source Education Events
- Workshops and Seminars
We support our future business leaders by leading the following initiatives:
- Funding the Sanford S. Shorr, HOLA, and YBLCT Education awards through targeted annual events, including the YBL's Miniature Golf Tournament and the HOLA Committee's Annual Breakfast
- School-to-business partnerships and mentoring programs, including partnering with the Community Classroom's students to help with our office activities and mailings
- Career & Technology Fair, organized through our Education & Technology Committee, to introduce students to different career paths and engage them with business mentors in the community
We've cultivated our audience for over 125 years: we share that resource with your business!
Our digital/print campaigns supplement and extend your marketing dollars and you gain greater market exposure through our active online presence.
- We share and customize member content on our website, social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube) and in our membership directory (InSight magazine).
- We deploy targeted email campaigns, branded event signage, and monthly print programs.
Basic marketing membership benefits include:
- One hyperlinked business category listing in our membership directory (on our website and in InSight magazine)
- Member spotlights to highlight your business, announce organizational changes, celebrate anniversaries, etc.
- Opportunities to list your news, events, employment opportunities, and member-to-member deals
For an additional cost, you gain access to:
- Additional business classification listings in our membership directory
- Advertising opportunities in our annual four-color InSight magazine
- Web banner digital advertising
- Opportunities to sponsor and exhibit at business expos throughout the year, including participation in the Daffodil Festival
- Advertising opportunities to be included in our monthly mailing to chamber members
- Opportunity to host a networking event at your location to showcase your business to the Chamber community
- Sponsorship opportunities at our annual golf tournament, which directly raises funds to support Chamber programs, including the Sanford S. Shorr Education awards
- A special opportunity to extend your marketing reach even further by joining the Hamden Regional Chamber of Commerce at a discounted rate through the Nutmeg Chamber Alliance
We offer our members numerous networking opportunities throughout the year, connecting business leaders to foster growth.
And it’s not all about the events- we regularly offer networking and prospecting seminars to help improve your toolbox.
Each chamber event contains a networking component.
- Business After Hours (BAH)
- Breakfast Club Celebrates Series
- Pizza, Pasta & Politics (PPP)
- Ribbon-cutting celebrations
- Annual meeting, dinner & silent auction
- The annual golf tournament, supporting our education awards
- Regional events co-sponsored with other chambers
- Committees, like our Hispanic Outreach Leaders in Action (HOLA) and Young Business Leaders group
Some network to sell, some network to prospect, and some network to socialize; all are great reasons! Being involved as a member of the Midstate Chamber of Commerce is the best way to make connections for your business. Whether it is passing out cards to introduce your business or connecting with individuals to improve your circle of influence, this is the place to be!
If you are not already a Chamber member, you can join today!