Chamber Award Recipients, 1997 - Present
The Business Leadership Award
The Business Leadership Award is an annual award for a member company which has demonstrated exemplary efforts in innovation, community relations, customer satisfaction, and employee relations. The Greater Meriden Chamber of Commerce is pleased to honor the following recipients of this award:
- 1997 Yankee Gas Services Division of Yankee Energy System, Inc.
- 1998 Cox Communications
- 1999 MidState Medical Center
- 2000 Castle Bank & Trust Company and Westfield Shoppingtown – Meriden
- 2001 Canberra Industries, Inc. and Packard Bioscience
- 2002 SBC / SNET Corporation
- 2003 Murdy & Sons Quality Home Builders, Inc.
- 2004 Hunter’s Ambulance Service, Inc.
- 2005 ShopRite – Drust Markets
- 2006 Thompson Brands
- 2007 Record-Journal Publishing Co., Inc.
- 2008 BL Companies
- 2009 Ragozzino Foods, Inc
- 2010 Four Points by Sheraton
- 2011 Pyramid Time Systems
- 2012 Fosdick Fulfillment Corp.
- 2013 Protein Sciences Corp.
- 2014 Gaylord Specialty Healthcare
- 2015 Batista Companies – Dunkin' Donuts
- 2016 L. Suzio York Hill Companies
- 2017 Boscov’s and Ulbrich Stainless Steels and Special Metals, Inc.
- 2018 Masonicare
- 2019 Jonal Laboratories, Inc.
- 2020-2021 Russell Hall Company & Aqua Turf Club
- 2022 Liberty Bank & Liberty Bank Foundation
The Small Business Leadership Award
The Small Business Leadership Award, created in 2002, honors the smaller business that deserves recognition in the community, based on the same criteria of the Business Leadership Award. The following recipients have been honored with this Award:
- 2002 Kaye’s Pharmacy
- 2003 Web Solutions, Inc.
- 2004 Valencia Liquor & Wine Shop
- 2005 On-Site Video
- 2006 Colonial Flooring Plus
- 2007 Moran’s TV & Appliance
- 2008 John C. Fiderio & Sons
- 2009 Kelli’s A Salon, LLC
- 2010 Bongiovanni Insurance & Financial
- 2011 Prentis Printing Solutions
- 2012 Mule Security Systems, Inc.
- 2013 Rose Flowers & Gifts, Inc.
- 2014 Roman Oil Company
- 2015 PROSHRED Security & East Side Veterinary Clinic, LLC
- 2016 Valentin Karate, LLC
- 2017 Suzio Insurance Center, Inc.
- 2018 Triple Springs Spring Water Co. and MembersFirst CT Federal Credit Union
- 2019 Shiner Signs
- 2020-2021 V. Czapiga & Son Kielbasa
- 2022 Sans Souci Restaurant
The Community Partnership Award
The Community Partnership Award is an annual award for an individual who is recognized for dedication, volunteerism, high professional standards, and community enhancement. The Greater Meriden Chamber of Commerce honors the following recipients of this Award:
- 1993 Robert Cyr and Shane Rood
- 1994 Maureen Bilger and Lee Campione
- 1996 Marcia Trotta and Ron Meoni
- 1995 Phil Ashton
- 1997 Lynn A. Faria
- 1998 Burton Tremaine III
- 1999 James H. Shiels
- 2000 Kenneth W. Mango, Esq.
- 2001 James Hamelin
- 2002 Robert DeBaise
- 2003 Frank W. Ridley
- 2004 Molly Savard
- 2005 Phil Ashton
- 2006 David Lowell and James J. Ieronimo
- 2007 Lawrence McGoldrick and Ric Suzio
- 2008 Michael D. Barker and Steven T. Zerio
- 2009 Dan M. Hunter (posthumously) and Anthony “Tony” Tomassetti
- 2010 Larry Pelletier
- 2011 Lucille Janatka
- 2012 Thomas Cirillo
- 2012 Richard Fontanella
- 2014 George Hamrah
- 2015 Lawrence Kendzior and Retired Police Chief Robert E. Kosienski, Sr.
- 2016 Yvonne deAngeli-Fontanez and Joseph Mirra
- 2017 Cliff Carlson
- 2018 George E. McGoldrick
- 2019 Eileen Bongiovanni and Karen Roesler
- 2020-2021 Emil "Buddy" Altobello
- 2022 Rhudean Ray and Friends of the Meriden Public Library
The Excellence in Education Award
The Excellence in Education Award, started in 2014, is an annual award available to an individual or organization in the public or private sector who contributes to education or an educational institution or program to advance and/or expand our education system.
- 2014 Maria F. Harlow
- 2015 Saint Joseph School, Meriden Public Schools, and Meriden Federation of Teachers Expanded Learning Time Program
- 2017 Brian Cyr
- 2018 Tri-Town Collaborative Out-Of-School Youth Program in Meriden, Middletown, & Wallingford
- 2019 Gus Robotic Team 228, Inc. and Meriden Community Classroom Collaborative
- 2020-2021 Dr. Miguel Cardona, U.S. Secretary of Education
- 2022 STEAM Train, Inc.
The Innovation Award
The Innovation Award, started in 2014, this annual award is available to an individual or business who has done something new, extraordinary, or innovative in the last 18 months, including improvements, responsiveness to challenges, etc.
- 2014 LaRosa Building Group, LLC
- 2015 Hancock’s Pharmacy & Surgical, Inc.
- 2016 The Healthy Choices Fastvax Mobile Clinic Team of Protein Sciences Corp., Hunter’s Ambulance Services, HealthMed Urgent Care, Hartford HealthCare at Home and HealthMart Pharmacy
- 2017 O & G Industries, Inc. for their PlattBuilds program at Platt High School, Meriden.
- 2018 Trifecta Ecosystems, Inc.
- 2019 The Partnership of MidState ARC, Assisted Living Technologies, Futures, Inc. and NESIT Makerspace for the Assisted Technology Training Center of CT
- 2020-2021 Meriden Farmer's Market
- 2022 NESIT: New England Society of Innovation & Technology Makerspace