Reasons to Join
We welcome each and every business that that does business in the greater Meriden area to join with us. For more information on the benefits of Chamber membership, check out our top 9 reasons to join below!
#1: Controlling Business Costs
The Chamber seeks ways to hold and reduce business costs and maximize the opportunities to increase the bottom line.
- Information Technology Zone and Enterprise Zone benefits
- Group insurance plans
- Largest toll-free calling area
- Energy planning and conservation concerns
- Telecommuting alternatives
- Many other employment related issues
#2: Joining Schools to Businesses
School to business opportunities provide the foundation of academic and life skills for the employees and leaders of our future. In addition, we recognize that lifetime learning is essential for continued growth.
- School to business partnerships
- Early child development
- Teacher professional development: company tours
- Business expo student programs
- Education summit participant
- Job shadowing and mentoring programs
- Partnering with many education and training providers
- Advocating for board of education budgets
#3: Connecting Your Employees
Providing your employees with an increased sense of connection and of community. The more our employees feel connected to our community, the more likely they will stay in our community, stay with your company and best represent your company in our community.
- Encouraging a viable shopping and dining community
- Arts, culture, leisure, recreation and entertainment advocates
- Employees can meet and network with peers in other companies at numerous Chamber events
#4: Increasing Political Influence
The Chamber provides access and forums to meet one-on-one and in groups with our elected officials on the local, state and federal level.
- Pizza, Pasta and Politics
- Chamber, city and regional legislative agenda
- Legislative breakfasts
- State, council and board of education candidate forums and debates
- Company tours with city council, state and federal legislators in coordination with the US Chamber and CBIA
#5: Improving Business with the City
The City of Meriden is a member of the Chamber, just like any other member business in our community. We strive to constantly improve relations with this important Chamber member.
- Participation with the marketing of the City
- Working together with the staff of the Economic Development Department
- Working with the Finance, Economic Development, Housing and Zoning Committees
- Representing members at various boards and commissions
- Working with the office of Community Development
- City Economic Development Director is a member of the Chamber’s Board of Directors
#6: Connecting to Regional Matters
As our member businesses continue to expand their markets, the Chamber explores the resources available outside our community.
- Regional Workforce Development Board, Workforce Alliance, Inc.
- Central Connecticut Tourism Board
- Connecticut Business and Industry Association
- CT Works One Stop
- South Central Regional Council of Governments
- Regional Growth Partnership
- The Chamber Workforce Partnership with the Middlesex and the Greater New Haven Chambers of Commerce
- Regional Growth Connection
- and many more
#7: Providing Leadership Opportunities
We recognize that leadership development is an ongoing process which must be fostered.
- Join the Leadership Greater Meriden Program
- Facilitating discussions with both the Democratic and Republican town committees
- Promotion and participation in the iMPACT and CFI Parent Leadership Training Institute
#8: Promoting Member Businesses
The Chamber provides the best advertising value for exposure 365 days a year.
- Annual Membership Directory and Community Guide
- Chamber website listings, events and news
- Business referrals and leads
- Member news in the Monthly Newsletter
- Participation in business expos, community festivals, job fairs and many other major events
#9: Looking Towards the Future
The ongoing activities of the Chamber transcend election cycles. We help plan for the future by working on projects like:
- Arts grant study
- Meriden City Center Initiative
- Free wi-fi internet access in downtown Meriden
- Support of the Flood Implementation and Control Agency
- Active on Downtown Parking Study Group
- Brownfields redevelopment opportunities
Have questions or want to schedule an appointment with a Membership Services Representative?
Call 203.235.7901 or email us for details.