Reasons to Join
WHY JOIN THE CHAMBER?
#1: Control Business Costs
The Chamber shares information about opportunities to increase the bottom line, including:
- Information Technology Zone and Enterprise Zone benefits
- Group insurance plans
- Energy planning and conservation concerns
- Health & Wellness Initiatives
#2: Connect Your Employees to the Community
Providing your employees with an increased sense of connection and of community. The more our employees feel connected to our community, the more likely they will stay in our community, stay with your company and best represent your company in our community.
- Encouraging a viable shopping and dining community
- Arts, culture, leisure, recreation and entertainment advocates
- Employees can meet and network with peers in other companies at numerous Chamber events
#3: Increase Your Political Influence and Understanding
The Chamber provides access and forums to meet one-on-one and in groups with our elected officials on the local, state and federal level.
- Pizza, Pasta and Politics
- Chamber, city and regional legislative agenda
- Legislative breakfasts
- State, council and board of education candidate forums and debates
- Company tours with city council, state and federal legislators in coordination with the US Chamber and CBIA
#4: Improve Business with the Surrounding Towns
We have good relationships with the surrounding towns and cities, including Meriden, Wallingford, Cheshire, and Berlin. Our connections can open doors of communication as we serve the best interests of our members.
#5: Connect to Regional Matters
As our member businesses continue to expand their markets, the Chamber connects resources available outside our community, including
- Regional Workforce Development Board, Workforce Alliance, Inc.
- Central Connecticut Tourism Board
- Connecticut Business and Industry Association
- CT Works One Stop
- South Central Regional Council of Governments
- Regional Growth Partnership
- Regional Growth Connection
- Other Chambers of Commerce, including the Hamden Regional Chamber of Commerce through the Nutmeg Chamber Alliance
#6: Provide Leadership Opportunities for Your Employees
We recognize that leadership development is an ongoing process that must be fostered.
- Opportunities to join our committees and Board of Directors
- Facilitating discussions with both the Democratic and Republican town committees
- Promotion and participation in the iMPACT and CFI Parent Leadership Training Institute
#7: We Promote Your Businesses
The Chamber provides the best advertising value for exposure 365 days a year.
- Annual Membership Directory and Community Guide
- Chamber website listings, events and news
- Business referrals and leads
- Member news in our weekly email
- Participation in business expos, community festivals, job fairs and many other major events
#8: Joining Schools to Businesses
School-to-business opportunities provide the foundation of academic and life skills for the employees and leaders of our future. In addition, we recognize that lifetime learning is essential for continued growth.
- School-to-business partnerships
- Early child development
- Teacher professional development: company tours
- Business expo student programs
- Education summit participant
- Job shadowing and mentoring programs
- Partnering with many education and training providers
- Advocating for Board of Education budgets
Have questions or want to schedule an appointment with a Membership Services Representative?
Call 203.235.7901 or email us for details.