The Midstate Chamber of Commerce, founded in Meriden, Connecticut in 1896, is an independent, private, not for profit membership service organization providing 124 years of service to the greater Meriden community. We are more than 520 members strong and growing and invite every business in the greater Meriden area to join the Midstate Chamber of Commerce.
Meet the Chamber Staff
Rosanne P. Ford, Chamber President
Rosanne Ford has been with the Chamber since 2001 after enjoying successful careers in the hospitality, tourism and insurance industries. She graduated from the University of New Haven with a BS degree in Hotel / Restaurant Management. In 2005, Rosanne was promoted to her past position of Vice President. In 2006, Rosanne was recognized with the prestigious Charlotte Marshall Prothero Staff Award from the CT Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives. In 2007, Rosanne was honored with the Women and Families Center, Women in Leadership Award (Business Category). In 2008, Rosanne successfully completed a rigorous four year Chamber executive leadership program at the Institute of Organizational Management at Villanova University in Philadelphia, PA. And, in 2010 she was the recipient of the Girls Inc. Strong, Smart and Bold Award. In 2019, she was voted in as Chamber President. Her hobbies include calligraphy, cribbage, beach time and anything Red Sox. Rosanne, born and raised in Meriden, still resides in Meriden with her husband Darren and her cat, Stanley.
Rosanne currently serves or has recently served with the following organizations:
- United Way of Meriden & Wallingford of Board of Directors
- Past Member of the St. Joseph School Board
- Member of Meriden AOH (Ancient Order of Hibernians) Club
- Past Member of Women and Families Center Board of Directors
- Member of Meriden Bicentennial Marketing and Publicity Committee
- Connecticut Association of Membership Development
- 2016 co-recipient of the Meriden Rotary Club Howard Houston Citizen of the Year Award with Sean W. Moore