2019 Annual Dinner, Meeting and Silent Auction
SAVE THE DATE OF April 11, 2019 at the Aqua Turf Club on Plantsville, CT...4:30-8:30 pm. All details are below.
The 123rd Annual Meeting, Dinner and Silent Auction of the Midstate Chamber of Commerce will be held on Thursday, April 11, 2019, at the Aqua Turf Club in Plantsville. We will return to “the Turf” and the program will be hosted in the spacious Kay’s Pier South. You will really like the venue!
Our Title Sponsor: Thank you TD BANK!
Our Premier Sponsors are:
Eversource * The Meriden Board of Education * RJ Media Group * Salon Nathaniel * Assisted Living Services and Assisted Living Technologies * Midstate Medical Center
* Four Points by Sheraton, Meriden * PROSHRED Security * Ion Bank * Meriden Children First Initiative * Middlesex Community College *Updike, Kelly, Spellacy * Suzio Insurance Center Inc. * Marketing Graphics & Promotional Advertising * Premier Dental, PC * Westfield Property Group (Westfield Mall) * George McGoldrick, Architect * Workforce Alliance
Officer & Director Elections:
While MOST come for the opportunity to reconnect with their colleagues, we do have a little bit of business to attend to during the evening like the election of Officers and Directors.
New Incoming Directors for 2019-2020, Subject to Your Vote of the Membership in Attendance, are:
- Class of 2022 - Entire Class to be Elected or Re-Elected
- James Shimer, Midstate Medical Center First Term Ends 2022
- Cornelius Ivers, Meriden Housing Authority Second Term ends in 2022
- Amesia Taylor, TD Bank Second Term ends in 2022
- Edward Dooling, Masonicare First Term Ends 2022
- Michael Nowicky, Connex Credit Union Second Term ends in 2022
- John Davis, Razor Rep2, LLC Second Term ends in 2022
- Elwyn Quirk, Law Office of E.B. Quirk, LLC First Term Ends 2022
- Kerry Johnson, Travel by Kerry First Term Ends 2022
Class of 2021 2 Years Remaining
- Eric Francis, Trifecta Ecosystems, Inc. First term ends 2021
- Frank W. Ridley, Friends of the Meriden Public Library Second term ends in 2021
- Christopher Powers, Westfield Property Group First term ends 2021
- Krystle Blake, Rushford - A Hartford HealthCare Partner Second term ends in 2021
- Daniel Vill, Luchs Consulting Engineers First term ends 2021
- Karen Halloran, Fairfield Inn by Marriott First term ends 2021
- Miguel Castro, Prestige Construction Home Improvement First term ends 2021
- Linda Krampitz, Gaylord Specialty Healthcare Second term ends in 2021
- Class of 2020 1 Year Remaining
- Edward J. Zavaski, Stamford Insurance Group / SIG First Term Ends 2020
- Thomas Welsh, Updike, Kelly and Spellacy Filling Unexpired term
- David Symonds, PROSHRED Security Second Term Ends 2020
- Carlton Smith, Meriden-Wallingford Chrysalis First Term Ends 2020
- Jim Mizener, R-J Media Group First Term Ends 2020
- Ralph Mesite, Sonic of CT Second Term Ends 2020
- Matthew Bailey, B. C. Bailey Funeral Home First Term Ends 2020
The Proposed Slate of Officers, Subject to the Vote of All in Attendance, Is:
- Chairman – Nathaniel Bottone of Salon Nathaniel
- Vice Chairman – Daniel Quesnel of Liberty Bank
- Secretary – Ralph Mesite of Sonic of CT
- Treasurer – Michael Nowicky of Connex Credit Union
- Immediate Past Chairman – Richard Pendred of A & A Office Systems
One of the most Favorite Parts of the Evening is the Celebration of Our Deserving Award Winners
These businesses and individuals actively contribute to the creativity, vitality and strength of our region and we want to recognize their successes.
- Our 18th Annual Small Business Leadership Award winner is Shiner Signs.
- Our 23rd Annual Large Business Leadership Award will be presented to Jonal Laboratories, Inc.
- The 27th Community Partnership Awards go out to Eileen Bongiovanni of Bongiovanni Insurance and Financial AND Karen Roesler of the Meriden Public Library.
- The 6th Special Achievement in Innovation Award will be presented to the partnership of MidState ARC, Assisted Living Technologies and NESIT Makerspace for the Technology Training Center of CT
- The 6th Excellence in Education Award winner for 2019 is GUS Robotic Team 228, Inc. AND the Community Classroom Collaborative Transition Program.
- The downtown themed “William Sears Rice Award” goes to Girls Incorporated of Meriden serving Meriden and Wallingford.
You really should plan to come out on April 11th and connect with a colleague, meet new contacts and congratulate the award winners.