2018 Annual Meeting Thank You
The 122nd Annual Meeting, Dinner and Silent Auction of the Midstate Chamber of Commerce will be held on Thursday, April 12, 2018, at the Aqua Turf Club in Plantsville. After last year’s return to “the Turf”, we have already outgrown the Wagon Room and the program will be hosted in the spacious Kay’s Pier South. You will really like the venue!
Our Title Sponsors:
RJ Media Group / Homepage Digital
Officer & Director Elections:
While MOST come for the opportunity to reconnect with their colleagues, we do have a little bit of business to attend to during the evening like the election of Officers and Directors.
New Incoming Directors for 2018-2019, Subject to Your Vote of the Membership in Attendance, Are:
- Eric Francis of Trifecta Ecosystems, Inc.
- Christopher Powers of Westfield Property Group – Meriden
- Daniel Vill of Luchs Consulting Engineers
- Karen Halloran of the Fairfield Inn by Marriott
- Miguel Castro of Prestige Construction Home Improvement
- Edward Dooling of Masonicare
The Proposed Slate of Officers, Subject to the Vote of All in Attendance, Is:
- Chairman – Nathaniel Bottone of Salon Nathaniel
- Vice Chairman – Daniel Quesnel of Liberty Bank
- Secretary – Ralph Mesite of Sonic of CT
- Treasurer – Michael Nowicky of Connex Credit Union
- Immediate Past Chairman – Richard Pendred of A & A Office Systems
One of the Favorite Parts of the Evening: The Celebration of Our Deserving Award Winners
These businesses and individuals actively contribute to the creativity, vitality and strength of our region and we want to recognize their successes.
- Our TWO 17th Annual Small Business Leadership Award winners are Triple Springs Spring Water Co. and MembersFirst CT Federal Credit Union. They have demonstrated a lifetime of connecting their businesses with their communities.
- Our 22nd Annual Large Business Leadership Award will be presented to Masonicare for constantly growing and evolving their service model to reflect modern best practices.
- The 26th Community Partnership Award goes out to George McGoldrick for his MANY years of service to both the Chamber, City and the Community.
- The 5th Special Achievement in Innovation Award will be presented to Trifecta Ecosystems for their various entrepreneurial aquaponic projects.
- The 5th Excellence in Education Award winner for 2018 is the Tri-Town Collaborative, serving out of school youth in Meriden, Wallingford and Middletown.
- The downtown themed “William Sears Rice Award” goes to Gallery 53 / The Arts and Crafts Association of Meriden for over 110 years of service to and with the arts.
You really should plan to come out on April 12th and connect with a colleague, meet new contacts and congratulate the award winners.