Workforce Today with Workforce Alliance
The Workforce Alliance provides valuable services for job seekers and employers within the South Central CT region. There is never a fee for job seekers or employers. Proud partner with American Job Center Network. Visit www.workforcealliance.biz for more info and valuable resources.
The Workforce Today Podcast
In the fall of 2016, Workforce Alliance president and CEO Bill Villano began a series of conversations with locally based but globally thinking business and public-sector leaders.
Through the lens of more than three decades serving this region, Bill and his guests cover what’s on their mind now and what they do to make their business, their employees and our economy a better place.
Among his first guest are manufacturing industry leaders Marcia LaFemina of Penn Globe and Paul Hoffman of Orange Research. But he kicks off with New Haven’s own 23-term U.S. Representative Rosa DeLauro. The first batch ends with an insightful and inspiring conversation with CT’s own Edible Arrangements founder and CEO Tariq Farid.
The free Workforce Today app is available on iTunes or Google Play. You can also stream live from the Workforce Alliance website. Look for more episodes monthly!
- New Haven’s own 23-term U.S. Representative Rosa DeLauro (E01)
- Manufacturing industry leaders Marcia LaFemina of Penn Globe and Paul Hoffman of Orange Research (E02)
- Edible Arrangements Founder & CEO Tariq Farid discusses what makes great customer service. (E03)
- IT workforce training and the need for private investment with Microsoft’s Bill Kamela. (E04)
- Former U.S. Assistant Labor Secretary Portia Wu’s 8-year recap and what the future holds. (E05)
- Five questions with Senator Chris Murphy following his walk across CT. (Bonus)
- Double feature with Labor Market Economist Paul Harrington: There was too much to cover in one episode! Jobs, youth, automation, what’s really causing economic inequality, and why bashing Walmart is off the mark. (E06 and E07)
- What works to reduce prison rates and give ex-offenders the best shot at a second chance? CT’s undersecretary for Criminal Justice Policy & Planning Mike Lawlor shares what our state is doing and ways to turn ex-offenders into jobseekers. Visit the Office of Policy & Management's CJPPD site for reports, forecasts and trends. (E08)
- What are the biggest threats and opportunities to CT and the US labor market in the face of a looming employment crisis? We talked with WorkingNation’s Art Bilger about what will transform the economy and impact the workforce. (E09)
- One of our most popular episodes yet! Ellen Davis, Vice President of the National Retail Federation, talks with Bill Villano about the changing nature of retail – and how its demise is greatly exaggerated. (E10)
- Retail 2.0: A Conversation with Walmart is a follow-up with the nation’s largest retail employer. Julie Gehrki, senior director of business integration at the Walmart Foundation, talks about jobs, training and upward mobility. (E11)
Have a Good Topic for Workforce Today?
Contact Ann Harrison at 203.867.4030 x 242 or email@example.com.